A Drop-In Centre for Women
We believe in creating a drop-in space for women regardless of their origin, race, status, age, religion, beliefs, ethnicity, gender expression or sexual orientation. From the beginning, the guiding principles of our centre have been feminism and sisterhood. We believe in empowering women through: Service, Support, Advocacy, and Activism.
Weekdays from Monday to Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Lunch Break: 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM
The following are some of our core services:
• Settlement program for new immigrants and refugees
• French and English language classes with daycare service
• Referral services
• Interpretation and translation services
• Education on individual rights
• Counselling on marital, family, legal, immigration, and health-related issues
• Group activities, discussions, seminars, information sessions, and more!
• Celebration of major South Asian Festivals
• Providing a support network for women going through domestic violence situations
• Opportunities to drop-in and converse in South Asian languages
• Monthly Potluck lunches and gatherings
• Accompaniment services for those in dire need
• Job-search and CV help
• Summer employment opportunities for students
• Extensive youth programming
• Parenting workshops
• A quarterly newsletter for members
Citzenship Test Preparation and Basic Computer Classes
Please contact Juvaria Yasser at 514-528-8812 ext 104 for organizing your specific class.