South Asian women’s Community Centre
Summer Job opening 2010
Counsellors for Summer Camp for children, and Youth program intern
Starting: June 21, 2010 , Duration: 8 weeks,
Hours: 9am – 5 pm (40 hours a week) Salary: $9.50/ hour
1) This position is for students who were full time student in 2009 and will be fulltime student in September 2010.
2) Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Task and responsibilities for camp counsellor
- Will be responsible of 15-20 children of age 4 to 14 yeas old, 9 am to 5 PM, 5 days a week for 8 weeks
- Will Plan, organize and animate the daily activities, indoor and out door, according to the objective of the summer camp:
1- In-door activities: arts and craft, , story telling, animation, music and dance.
2- Out-door activities: Visiting historical, cultural and educational places,
3- 3-Sport and recreation: Swimming, Basket Bal, Base Bal and Soccer and have Pic-Nic in the park
- Will be responsible for the safety of the children during the swimming and out door activities
- Recruit and manage volunteers and parents for indoor and outdoor activities
- Organize information session for children on the issues important for children
Task and responsibilities Youth Program Intern
- Working closely with the Youth program coordinator to participate and organize activities with young girls.
- Organize discussion topics for youth group
- Organize outing
- Research and prepare resource information for young women
- Help preparing the final report
Please send C.V by May 28, 2010,
Fax : 514-528-0896
Attention: Sadeqa Siddiqui
Calling all sisters, mothers and daughters; poets, artists and thinkers to a task of history building and sharing:
We welcome submissions for the next volume of SHAKTI. If you have a poem in Urdu that tells of your journey, a short story in Pashto or Hindi that describes your birth country, a drawing that represents your struggles, an account in Tamil or English of what you’ve experienced and learnt with/through the SAWCC community, a journal reflection in Bengali or French that speaks of your identity, a photograph that depicts your victories…we would love to include these in the next issue of SHAKTI.
Start putting your creative juices to work!
You may send your ideas and submissions to Anjali Abraham: email@example.com